Thursday, October 27, 2011

How facebook became my coffee shop


If anyone asked me what my favourite drink was, I would nodoubt say “coffee”. This has been the all important drink in my life. The drink that drowns my joys, celebrates my sorrows and kills my boredom. All the most important decisions in my life have always been mulled over a mug of coffee. If ever there was a drink to which I invited friends for, it has always been coffee. So that’s how coffee houses and café’s have always topped my list of favourite places to hang out at.

Be it alone or with company, I’d rather spend half a day in a coffee shop than any other hang out joint. My first few friendship hangouts are always coffee shops. My first few dates are usually in coffee shops. It is not just the comfort of a cup of coffee, but that you could drag the experience of having a cup of coffee to hours if required or take a short break at it when needed.

But now with the amount of travel I do, I don’t really get to meet people face to face. That’s how, though reluctantly, I got myself into facebook. So over a period of a year, I am surprised how facebook seems to now play an integral part in my life. This is the place that I stay in touch with my friends, meet up and chat with them, hang out in a group and discuss nonsense topics. And sometimes, when I meet new people online, the safe place that I go to.  

The only significant thing about facebook is that, this is a coffee shop where I have to make my own coffee.

2 comments:

  1. Need to think abt a Facebook app called 'Cofee with Gowri'

    ReplyDelete
  2. who knows it won't replace Farmville... lol

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis