Monday, November 28, 2011

Weirdo travelers


Anyone who knows me knows that I love to travel. And, I am not talking about vacations. I am talking about regular travel for work. I usually on an average do 2 trips a week.  A lot lesser than many of my senior colleagues. In fact, I know someone who makes 5 trips a week (and he does not work for any ground or airline crew). You can easily recognize the regular travelers from the non regulars. It is seen in the way they are organized at every check point, their attire and even their luggage.

But once in a way you meet that traveler who does not fit the norm. The guy who carries his pillow with him; the lady who steps out of her Jimmy Choos and wraps them into her hand bag; the guy who has is hand shackled to his hand luggage; the dude who pushes past you while getting out of the aircraft (as though the staff would imprison him if he did not leave) and the woman who will persist in asking for alcohol at 7 in the morning in a 45 minute flight.

The last trip that I made, I had the most horrific experience. First, I was in the middle seat. Second, the guy to my right must have been Hulk Hogan’s brother(but in a suit). He basically occupied his seat and mine. The guy to my left looked like he was scared of everything and seemed to shrink into his seat. This was good for me of course, because otherwise, I would have been climbing on to his lap due to the hulk on my right. Then during the flight, Hulk goes off to sleep and starts snoring – quiet loudly I may add. So loud, that I could hear it through my earphones which were at max volume. So I turn to Mousy on my left looking for some sympathy, and he looked like I was ready to pounce on him or something.

The breakfast came, and I started thanking the Gods, because how can one snore when one is eating. Well, as is my luck, Hulk gulps down his food and then proceeds to lay back his head and snore louder. By the end of it, I decide he needs to be woken up, so me, in my infinite wisdom, fiddle with something and end up poking him quiet hard on his hand. He then proceeds to give me a glare and dust off his shirt (like I am a pesky fly) and then turn his head to the other side and snore and snore again.

When we landed, I was so incensed that I dropped my baggage on his leg, pushed past him and literally ran to the waiting bus (which I never ever take the effort to do as I think it is rude), only to find him way ahead of me in the immigration line. 

That was it, seems the big man up there was to his usual tricks to humble me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis